North Carolina A&T State University
Originally Established As The (Agricultural & Mechanical) A&M. College For The “Colored Race”, It Was In The Fall Of 1890, When The North Carolina General Assembly Enacted A Second Morrill Act That Mandated A Separate College For The "Colored Race." (The College Operated In Raleigh As An Annex To Shaw University During The Years 1890-1891, 1891-1892, And 1892-1893). A Group Of Greensboro Citizens Banned Together To Make A Permanent Home For The Institution.
In 1915 State Legislators Changed The College’s Name To The Agricultural And Technical College of North Carolina, And In 1967 Elevated Its Status To University. NC. A&T Became A Constituent University Of The University The North Carolina System In 1972.
NC A&T Is The Largest Publicly Funded Historically Black College (HBCU) In The State Of North Carolina And Graduates The Largest Number Of Black Engineers At The Undergraduate, Masters, And Doctoral Levels . The School Also Graduates The Largest Number of Black Psychology Undergraduates In The Nation.
Today The University Holds The Distinction Of Being The Nation's Only HBCU With Its Own Wall Street Trading Room. NC A&T Is Also A Member School Of The Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Fund.
"In Order For Black History To Live, We Must Continue To Breathe Life Into It." - Hubert Gaddy, Jr.